Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday Thanks - Laughing!






Is that the best thing or what?! I think it's ingenious that the Lord has given us a sense of humor and the ability to laugh. (Should I expect any less?) I can't imagine the world or my life without it. And I think it's cool that that's something we all speak in the same language.

When we’re young we laugh so much and then somewhere along the way, we grow up and we just don’t laugh as much as we did. Why does that happen? Well, I have my theories, but that's for another post.

In school kids used to ask me why I laughed so much. Because I found things funny! God gave me a great ability to see the humor in things and just laugh at them. It’s been an incredible and invaluable gift during times of extreme stress and trials. There are times the sorrow has overcome the laughter and the gift has gotten tucked away for a bit. But God always helps me find and use my gift again.

And the older I get and the more ridiculous my body seems to want to behave, with all its odd quirks and pains, the more I’m able to laugh at myself – like this morning.

I woke up with what I call my “side” headache, aka Cinderbeast (long story.) It’s a headache I get on the right side of my head that can affect that side of my face and my right eye. It makes the muscles in that side of my face feel like they’re contracting. So, I woke up this morning feeling like this:

Now, y'all. Trying to work at the computer feeling like one eye is higher than the other, like a real-life version of this gal, (okay, maybe sans those nostrils) how can you not laugh? (Poor Picasso. I don’t know what was going on in that man’s head. Maybe he had headaches and a sense of humor, too.)

So, this week I’m thankful for my sense of humor and my ability to laugh. It’s kept me sane more than once. Plus, it keeps the frown lines at bay and strengthens your abs.


Your turn! What or who are you thankful for?

(ps...this is my 100th post! Woo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!