Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday Thanks - The Hope of Heaven

Oh, these bodies of ours. I don’t know about you, but I first noticed my body was beginning to..shall we say, “turn,” (you know, like that brick of cheese you forgot was lurking in the dark recesses of your refrigerator, behind the leftovers) when I was about 29. Nothing big, just the normal aging process beginning to show on my face. Oh, what a surprise my body had in store for me then! I can just picture my DNA molecules getting together on Saturday nights and discussing how they were going to morph and cause me all kinds of grief in the coming years.

Getting old is no fun. And it’s not any easier watching our loved ones get older. And it’s especially heartbreaking when they get ill and when they die.

But God’s Word says, (to paraphrase) Aha! But this is not all there is! I will give you hope by telling you that if you are my child then you have a special place here with Me in my home – your home! Mi casa es su casa!

Okay, what it really says is, “Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also.” (John 14:1-3)

I feel a song coming on after that one. And:

“But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.” (Philippians 3:20-21)

Amen and amen!

I long for my new body and my new home with Jesus more than anything else. No more stiff joints, no more fatigue. No more headaches! No more tears, no more pain, no more suffering. And I long to see my loved ones who are already there. In this world we grieve for our loss of them, but God is good to give us the hope of heaven.

And so, I am thankful that God has made provisions for us in heaven, where we can be with Him forever, where we will laugh and sing and run and dance (we're doing this together, right, Ylisa?!)and worship, without thought of our bodies ever getting tired or old or weak. And all that we do will be for the purpose of glorifying our Lord forever! And not only has He prepared a place for us, but He has given us hope by telling us now! Through it all in this life, we have the hope of heaven waiting for us.

If you have somehow found your way to this blog and you don’t know where you’re going after you die, please go to the tab at the top entitled, “How to know God” and read the post. Through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ you can have your sins forgiven and have the hope of knowing that when that day comes for you to leave this earth you will be safe and sound in the arms of the Lord in heaven where He has prepared a special place just for you.


I couldn’t find a good video of Rich Mullins singing his song, “That Where I Am,” but I also love listening to a little bluegrass when I can.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!