Friday, August 19, 2011

In Him Above All Else, Hope

God delights in His children and He knows that no good thing for us is found in anything but Him.  He has a way of turning our wandering eyes back to Him as He allows us to see and experience the emptiness of hoping in anything but Him. 

Dreams are not bad, but God must be the God of our dreams, not the dream itself.  Plans are not bad, but God must be the God of our plans, not the plan itself.  And so on and so on.

There is much loss in this life, but God--the great I AM, the Mighty One, our Redeemer and our Victor--He is our portion.  He is the measure we receive in this life and in Him we lack for no good thing. 

"'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him!' 
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should
hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." 
Lamentations 3:24-26 

Can I pray about anything for you? 

Hope and Peace to you, 
Dorci      



1 comment:

  1. The Lord is my portion. That is huge. He is everything. Totally sufficient. I don't need anything else. My soul is satisfied. Thank you, Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!