Friday, September 30, 2011

Jesus Is Alive and So Is Our Hope

Well, it's been another grueling week.  How about you? 

And while I have been far less than faithful and all my frailties have been the bed of nails I've walked on this week, God has, as always, been faithful to love me, to forgive me, to be right beside me.  He takes ahold of my broken heart and cradles it like a helpless, newborn babe. 

This God, this Maker of the Universe, this Lord who reigns on high and yet is humble enough to be born into one of these frail, limited bodies and then to die, loves me.  And He loves you. 

So, to enter into the weekend, I'll leave you (and me) this verse:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who according to His great mercy has regenerated us again to a living hope
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled, and unfading,
reserved in Heaven for you by the power of God,
having been kept through faith to a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time;
in which you greatly rejoice, yet a little while, if need be, grieving in manifold temptations; 
so that the trial of your faith (being much more precious than that of gold that perishes, but being proven through fire) might be found to praise and honor and glory at the revelation of
Jesus Christ, whom having not seen, you love;
in whom not yet seeing, but believing in Him you exult with unspeakable joy,
and having been glorified, obtaining the end of your faith,
the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:1-9 NKJV

Amen and amen. 

God bless you,
Dorci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!