I topped mine with Ben & Jerry’s Crème Brulee ice cream. *sigh*
Deep Dark Brownies
¾ cup flour
1 tablespoon good, quality cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
¾ teaspoon espresso powder
5 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional (pshh, yeah right)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, combine butter and espresso. Place over low heat and stir until butter has melted. Add chocolate and stir constantly until mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in both sugars until well combined.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and continue stirring until well incorporated and mixture no longer appears grainy. Sift flour mixture over batter, and stir just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into baking pan; smooth top with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula. Bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let cool on a wire rack. Dig in.