Monday, February 15, 2010

Face to Face

“So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?’

He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.’

He said to him, ‘Feed My lambs.’ He said to him again a second time, ‘Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?’

He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.’

He said to him, ‘Tend My sheep.’

He said to him the third time, ‘Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?’ Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, ‘Do you love Me?’

And he said to Him, ‘Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.’

Jesus said to him, ‘Feed My sheep. Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish." This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, ‘Follow Me.’”

I read this portion of scripture a while back, looking to glean something new from it. I knew that this was the post-resurrection, pre-ascension Jesus revealing Himself to the apostles (for the third time) by the sea after they had fished all night. (Read the rest at Halas & Phos here.)

To receive news about Halas & Phos' sales and new products, sign up to receive their monthly email newsletter here.)

Tell somebody about Jesus this week!
God's blessings to you,
Dorci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!