Monday, March 12, 2012

The Arrow Zone

It's my pleasure to be joining a great group of women authors blogging for Inner Fulfillment, a devotional blog for women.  I hope you'll check them out. 

The following is my first installment.  Enjoy and God bless!


The Arrow Zone

Trials seem to come to me like attacks in an Indiana Jones movie: everything is copacetic (or at least doable) one minute and the next I find myself on a battlefield in a barrage of arrows coming from all directions.

A rude word screams in from over there, a rejection flies in from that place, one of the children faces his own crisis, the car and the house vie for which will break best and biggest. Add to that a health crisis and I want to run and hide behind a rock and nurse my wounds.

The attacks catch me off guard every time because my tendency is to get my eyes focused on the circumstances and/or people who shot the arrows. That would be a good thing if I were in a physical war, but I’m not.

I am, and you are, in a spiritual war.

Please continue reading here.

2 comments:

  1. Great Truth, Dorci. Thank you.

    I left you a comment this morning. I don't see it though. So, I don't know what happened. I found your blog while googling for help with the Flavicon on my blog. I read your plea for help and came over to your blog.

    You have a beautiful heart and blog. I look forward to coming back and reading. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Diane! I just got the email to moderate your comment so it's up now. I really appreciate your encouragement.

    Hope you get the favicon worked out. It does seem to take a couple of days for it to change, but it does eventually.
    God bless you!
    Dorci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!