Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Pop-In

Just poppin' in to say hey, I'm still here, it's just been another crazy week.  Some randomly discovered facts from the week:

1. It's best to find out you're allergic to sulpha drugs after you've taken only one pill instead of a couple of days' worth. 

2. Make sure you periodically double check your over the counter first aid medication, like benedryl cream, so that when you need it at midnight you don't discover that what you have expired in 06/08. 

3. Do not rub lotion containing retinol on your hands when you're dealing with an allergy rash.

4. Be flexible with your schedule. 

5.  I have, quite possibly, the kindest, most understanding boss on the face of the earth and I thank God for her. 

6. Just because a friend moves away doesn't mean the friendship has to end.

7. Whether I am always able to believe it or not, I am loved. 

8. Because of Christ's sacrifice, I am seen by God as He saw Job when He spoke to Satan in their curious conversation:

"And the LORD said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless (perfect, as in complete) and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?'"  (Job 1:8)

"For by a single offering (Jesus Christ) He has perfected (completed) for all time those who are being sanctified."   (Hebrews 10:14)
 
And if you have received the sin offering made by Christ on the cross for your sins, God sees you, not as sinless, but as blameless as Job - perfected and completed in the Beloved.  And I believe that because we have taken on the lifeblood of the Son, God would also say of each of us, "This is my son (or my daughter) in whom I am well pleased."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!